Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Is drinking beer good?


"Just when you thought your parents were totally right everytime"

As far as i'm concern when im still a teen I use to tell everyone I won't drink beer, or drinking beer sucks! and it doesn't even taste good! it often tasted too bitter and smells bad too, well it all changed when I reached 20. Almost 80% percent of parents in the Philippines tend to ban their teen kids from drinking beer, some of them even in their 20's and they seem to believe that beer can do us no good and may ruin our lives in the future, you will have liver cancer, or even kill people when your drunk. I once have that question of why beer has even been bad for us to drink? well i now have some answers and experiences and to my modest most honest opinion, its a big NO for me but it still depends on the person who's drinking it.



" I never tried beer for breakfast but because of the image I might as well try "

I first started drinking beer when Im on my college years, at first i was having big doubts about it, but when your with the company of your friends you tend to be capable of doing things you are not capable of doing, and thats what happened to me as well. On the very first time that i got too drunk, and got kicked by the horse (redhorse) I began to feel more confident, self esteem boosted as if though I used a potion of some sort lols! I felt more relaxed and comfortable, it feels like im all alone in my room again but the reality is im in front of my friends and afterwards in different people i don't even know why but i never felt even better with people that time, considering the fact that I have major social anxiety problems.


"maximum beerness"

Google has been my friend for about 4 years now, so ive researched some stuff regarding beer and here is the top 10 facts why beer is good to our health and human lives:


1. Beer Reduces Stress
Alcohol in general has been shown to reduce stress. This one is obvious, and may be the best reason beer is good for your health.

2. Beer is Good for the Heart
A study was conducted from 1982 - 1996 on the elderly. It was found that those who drank at least 1.5 per day had a 20-50 percent less chance of having heart failure.

3. Beer Improves Blood Circulation
Beer increases your "good" cholesterol, or HDL (high-density lipoprotein) cholesterol. Its basically a kind of blood fat, so it reduces blood's tendency to clot.

4. Beer is Chock Full o' Fiber
 The fiber comes from the cell walls of the malted barley. A liter of beer can have as much as 60% of your daily recommended fiber. The extra fiber will keep you regular and can also lower the risk of heart disease.

5. Beer as a Multi-vitamin
Beer is a significant source of magnesium, selenium, potassium, phosphorus, biotin, folate, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12

6. Beer can Prevent Strokes
A study published in Stroke magazine in 2001 showed that alcohol drinkers have fewer strokes. Because it thins the blood, it increases the circulation in the brain, thereby protecting from silent strokes which are cause by tiny blood clots.

7. Beer keeps your Brain Young
A large study, published in the December 2001 issue of Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research, was conducted on elderly italian men and women. It showed that moderate drinkers had a 40% lower risk of mental impairment.

8. Beer is Good for your Liver
Alcohol expands the small blood vessels in the liver. This speeds up metabolism so it can help clean all the toxins out of the liver. This is from Beer Net Publication, April 2001 Biological Institute.

9. Beer Cures Insomnia
Lactoflavin and nicotinic acid, both present in beer, can promote sleep. Also hops are a natural sedative.

10. Beer Fends off Gallstones
According to Professor Oliver James at the University of Newcastle, beer protects against gallstones and kidney stones.


" these type of beers aren't available at our local suking tindahan"

Beer drinking has different results based upon the one who's drinking, I don't even know if there's such a thing as responsible and irresponsible drinker but if I'm the one to define myself and  I consider myself as a responsible drinker, I always know when to pause for a break and to stop when its too much for me, some others just kept drinking until they loose control and the worst thing is when they start hurting people, even their friends because of two words.. " Lasing ako". There are some people who I consider as an angry irresponsible drinker, they are the ones who act like kids when drunk and tend to destroy things, hurt or even kill people due thru their stupid non valid reason, well for my opinion its only you who's responsible for your actions and you can't blame the beer for that, cause your the one who's drinking it right? and that sums it up for those people.


" 3 mucho Red horse beer? what more could I ask for? A bag of chips of course! try it you'll see"

So now we all realize why beer ain't that bad after all, but always remember that too much of something is really bad for our health so we should just keep everything in moderation. I'm now a regular beer drinker, and mostly drink redhorse beer during occasions and when I'm on a barkada gimmick and did you even know("85% of pinoys today celebrates occasions with beer, karaoke, and pulutan in a table just outside their houses" try to observe and you'll see). I now found a cure to my social anxiety disorder that I suffered so much during my past few years, my interpersonal skills and confidence boosted up to its heights, my shyness almost dissolved in thin air and I never felt better than before all thanks to beer.

CHEERS! :D

3 comments:

  1. andaming sinasabe. beer is healthy. tapos ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. its an article, so expect a lot of words. :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Health Benefits of Beer: 15 Interesting Facts About Beer. It is proven that there are a lot of health benefits of beer. Moderate drinking of beer prevents heart diseases, boosts mental health, detoxes the body, and more.

    ReplyDelete